Saturday, February 1, 2014

Two Sisters...Travelling Stash....

Good morning and Happy Saturday! I have been away from blogging for a while. Life has become busy again with packing to get ready to move and a full time work schedule! This weekend I am going to take some sewing time during the day and pack at night! 

About two weeks ago I received a travelling stash box. This box began it's travels in August of 2012. When I received the box, read the rules and examined its contents, I noticed that the box had grown weary from travelling. The contents of the box that I received will be donated to a church group to use for hospice quilts. The travelling stash is a way to Pay it Forward to quilters. When you receive this box it is filled with an assortment of fabrics, patterns and notions for a wide range and skill level of quilters. The two pictures below are of most of the new items that will travel to the next recipient.
 
The rules to receive this box are fairly simple. You must be an active blogger to receive this box.
  • The definition of a Stash is a secret store of valuables. For quilters it is a collection of usable quality products. The stash contains fabric, patterns and notions. ALL FABRIC IN THE BOX IS AND MUST CONTINUE ON AS QUILT SHOP QUALITY. THE FABRIC SHOULD BE NEW AND UNWASHED. 
  • PATTERNS/BOOKS should be new or in a gently used condition. (No free patterns from the Internet) Books take up a lot of space and the box is limited, so please include fabric instead of a big book.
  • Other items such as tools or notions should be packaged and in new or gently used condition. Nothing should be old or tattered.
  • WHEN YOU RECEIVE THE BOX, feel free to take whatever you like and replace it with the same quantity and QUILT SHOP QUALITY THAT YOU HAVE RECEIVED. REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE PAYING IT FORWARD TO THE NEXT QUILTER TO RECEIVE THE BOX. 
The Giveaway for this box will remain open for two weeks. YOU MUST BE AN ACTIVE BLOGGER to receive The Two Sisters Travelling Stash. This box is limited to travel within the United States only. Please leave a comment and the winner will be announced on February 14, 2014. Thank you for visiting my blog, have a Happy Saturday and Happy Quilting!

15 comments:

JLVerde said...

I'd love to have this traveling stash pay me a visit. I love traveling stashes.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

I am ready for this perfect pay it forward. I have lots of beautiful things in my stash that I will never have time to make! Thanks Leona.

Katie said...

Looks awesome

Stephanie @ Quarter Incher said...

Wow! You're so generous to replace so many items Leona! I'm glad the other contents are going to a good cause. I haven't done a travelling stash yet but think I'm ready :)

Bonni said...

what a wonderful idea to do. I'm also glad to see that you're back blogging. Real life can certainly interrupt our plans and blogging schedule (not to mention sewing) can't it. :)

Simon Says Sew said...

Sounds great! I would love to participate.

Judy H said...

I would love to join in.

Colleen said...

I love the traveling stashes! Such fun!

Denise :) said...

This box looks like loads of fun! Please count me in! :)

Nann said...

I won box #5 and I'd live to win another one!

Nann said...

I won box #5 and I'd live to win another one!

Sue said...

The box looks great! I would love to have it visit my house!

Stephanie said...

Great Box! Please throw my name in the hat!!!

Lisa said...

I would love a box it has been years and that time it needed cleaning out. So a fresh start would be fun! Love to win!

Jessica said...

I just discovered the traveling stash boxes. Such a fun idea. I'd love to have this one visit me.